Effective Feb 2, 2015
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content, to administer your membership (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Site, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to your name and email address. We will use your Personal Information to create a Simplee account (“Account”) and you will become a member of Simplee (“Member”). We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and to administer your Account and inquiries.
- As a Simplee Member who has registered for the Service, you have the option of providing your Personal Information in order to grant Simplee access to your personal accounts with certain third party insurance company, financial and healthcare-related websites (collectively, “Third Party Websites”), so that Simplee can retrieve information that you have stored in your accounts with such Third Party Websites. You may also access the Service via certain Third Party Websites. By providing Simplee with the Personal Information required to access the Third Party Website via the Service or by accessing or registering to use the Service via a Third Party Website, you understand that Simplee will access, retrieve and store content from your Third Party Website account (“Healthcare and Financial Information”) in order to make it available and viewable through the Service. Depending on the Third Party Website to which you provide Simplee your Personal Information, Healthcare and Financial Information that is posted to your account with the Third Party Website (including Personal Information) will be viewable by you and Simplee via the Service. Other online services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other online services you use. Please note that if the Third Party Website becomes unavailable or terminates Simplee’s access to your Third Party Website account, any Healthcare and Financial Information from that Third Party Website will no longer be available or viewable via the Service. You have the ability to disable the connection between the Service and any Third Party Website that you have chosen to access via the Service at any time via the “Settings” section of the Site.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration of your Account (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), city and state and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We may publicly display on the Site certain Healthcare and Financial Information that is Non-Identifying Information, including, but not limited to, the names and contact information of doctors and names and prices for medical procedures.
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Simplee Members to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Simplee newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your preferences via the “Settings” section of the Site. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotions”) on our Site. If you decide to participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these Promotions is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to administer your participation in each Promotion.
Simplee offers a publicly accessible blog, accessible at /resources/ (the “Blog”). You should be aware that any information you provide on the Blog, including, but not limited to, comments, may be read, collected and used by others who access the Blog. To request removal of your Personal Information from the Blog, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may post customer testimonials and feedback on the Site which may contain Personal Information. We will obtain a Member’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial or feedback in conjunction with such Member’s Personal Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Simplee. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Please note that Simplee does not sell, rent or trade Personal Information with third parties for such third parties’ promotional or marketing purposes.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for enhancement of features of the Service, industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Simplee cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Simplee or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Simplee may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information and Data Retention
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us or by making edits via the “profile” section of the Site. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated.
We will retain your information, including Personal Information, for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Simplee is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The security of your personal information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information or otherwise provide Simplee with access to sensitive information (such as login information and Personal Information), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems. Simplee has been verified by Verisign for its use of SSL encryption technologies. In addition, Simplee tests the Site daily for any failure points that would allow hacking.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Simplee Offers and Links to other Websites
Our Site contains links to other websites and offers for third party products or services that may be complementary to your use of the Site. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Social Media Widgets
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site is not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.